This article describes the issues that are fixed in the Microsoft Word 2010 hotfix package that is dated April 9, 2013.
Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- Assume that you change the dots per inch (DPI) setting in Windows to a high DPI setting, such as 125 DPI or 150 DPI. Then, in Microsoft Outlook, you send, reply to, or forward an email message that contains a graphics file attachment. In this situation, the graphics file image appears larger in the recipient's copy of the email message.
For more information about this issue and about the registry value that you must add after you apply this update, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:3042197 Graphics file attachment grows larger in the recipient's email message after you change to a high DPI setting
- Consider the following scenario:
- You insert a footnote and an endnote into a Word 2010 document. The style of the footnote and endnote is changed.
- You insert the same footnote and endnote in another document. The footnote and endnote are standard and do not have any styles applied to them.
- You compare the two documents and select the first document as the original document.
- You have a Word 2010 document that has multiple sections. For the document, you select the Different First Page check box, the Different Odd & Even Pages check box, or both of the check boxes for the header in section one. The headers for each section are linked to the header in the previous section.
In this situation, the table (or tables) inside the header are not displayed correctly if the first page that contains the header with the table is not in section one of the document.
- In a Word 2010 document, when you run the repagination method inside a locked content control, you receive the following error message:The Repaginate method or property is not available because the current selection is locked for format changes.
- When you try to edit a Word 2010 document that has the Restrict Editing feature enabled on a Windows 8 touch device, you receive the following error message:This is not a valid selection.
- When you set Russian as the default keyboard language on a Windows 8 device, shortcuts such as Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C do not work in Word 2010.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.