Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Word 2013. This update provides the latest fixes for the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Word 2013 and Office Home and Student 2013 RT. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements.
Issues that this update fixes
- Consider the following scenario:
- You use an "Outlook.com" account in Outlook 2013.
- You select a type of encoding other than UTF-8 in the Preferred encoding for outgoing messages option, such as Japanese (EUC).
- You create an item, such as a contact, an appointment or a task.
- You type some characters that do not use UTF-8 encoding in the item.
- You save and check the item in an Outlook.com account.
Note Outlook uses Word as the message editor for Outlook items. To fix this issue, you must also apply the Outlook 2013 update 2738013 .
- When you start the Turkish version of Word 2013 or Office On Demand Word 2013, you receive the following error message:Note After you dismiss this error message, you can continue to use Word 2013 as usual.We're sorry but this feature appears to be broken and needs to be repaired. Use the Programs and Features option in the Windows Control Panel to repair Microsoft Office.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to Office 2013 MSI installations only. This update does not apply to click-to-run installations.
To identify the installation version of Office 2013, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. For an MSI installation, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2768007 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2
Microsoft Word 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT