Additionally, if you view the Indexing Status dialog in Outlook, you receive one of the following messages:
- Exit Outlook.
Note Also exit Microsoft Lync or Communicator if it is running.
- Run services.msc.
- Right-click the Windows Search service, and then click Properties.
- Click Stop and wait for the service to stop.
- Click the Log On tab.
- Click to clear the Allow service to interact with desktop option.
- Click Apply.
- Click the General tab.
- Click Start and wait for the service to start.
- Click OK.
- Start Outlook.
Event ID: 3100
Task Category: Gatherer
Unable to initialize the filter host process. Terminating.
This operation returned because the timeout period expired. (0x800705b4)
To view the Indexing Status dialog in Outlook 2010 or later versions, follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl + E or put your cursor in the Search text box to enable Search Tools.
- On the Search tab, click the Search Tools button, and then click Indexing Status.
To view the Indexing Status dialog in Outlook 2007, click the Tools menu, click Instant Search, and then click Indexing Status.
Article ID: 2768662 - Last Review: Jan 13, 2016 - Revision: 1