- You have created a Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Virtual Package and placed the package contents on a network share.
- You have mapped a drive to this network share.
- You attempt to install this Virtual Package by double clicking on the .MSI file located on the mapped drive.
In this scenario, the package begins to install then rolls back. No on screen errors are seen and the virtual package does not show in the list of virtual packages.
Additionally, in the Application Event logs you see the following MsiInstaller Event:
Log Name: Application
Event ID: 1033
Task Category: None
Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: My Virtual Package. Product Version: 1.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 1603.
Also ensure that the computer account (the computer you are logged into) also has access to the network share.
To test if the account has read access to the share, perform the following steps:
1. Download psexec from the SysInternals site at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx
2. Logon as a local administrator
3. Use the command psexec -s -i cmd.exe to open a command prompt under Local System
4. Perform a DIR of the content location from this window and verify that it succeeds