This article describes the issues that are fixed in the cumulative update for the Microsoft Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook that is dated December 2012.
This article includes the following information about the cumulative update:
- The issues that the cumulative update fixes.
- The prerequisites for applying the cumulative update
- Whether you must restart the computer after you apply the cumulative update
- Whether the cumulative update is replaced by any other cumulative update
- Whether you must make any changes to the registry
- The files that the cumulative update contains
Issues that this cumulative update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2776601 "You need 32-bit Outlook to use this setup" error message when you try to install the Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook in the 64-bit version of Windows 8
- 2776596 User is not connected to a live meeting that you created by using the Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook when the user clicks "Join the meeting" in an invitation email message
- 2783950 The "Office Communication Server" option displays after you install Office 2013 and the Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook in Windows 8
- 2757536 Outlook 2013 restarts when using "Meet Now" or "Schedule a Live Meeting" in the Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook
- 2793819 Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook does not appear in a 32-bit version of Outlook 2013 on a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows 8
This cumulative update also includes the following previously released updates:
- 2537291 The Conferencing Add-in for Outlook is disabled after you upgrade Office Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010
- 2537288 Test Connection fails when a remote user uses an automatic configuration in the Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook
- 2482427 The submenu locations may confuse users when you try to create a Live Meeting by using the Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook
- 2482424 A Live Meeting conference subject that contains an extended ACSII character is incorrect in Outlook calendar
- 2482425 You cannot enable the Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook
- 2482426 A Live Meeting conference invitation may be stuck in the Outbox folder if you select one of the recipients from the nickname cache in Outlook
- 2432103 An additional option is available that enables users to start an Office Communication Server-based Live Meeting by using Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook
- 2432108 German text in a meeting invitation that is created by using Live Meeting 2007 Conferencing Add-in for Outlook does not match the German text in the conferencing attended announcement
- 2432109 Conference Add-in for Office Outlook 2007 version 8.0.6362.190 cannot be successfully installed in Office Outlook 2002 SP3
- 2431899 The controls of Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook are still available in a conference request after you configure the conference to use Lync 2010 Online Meeting
- 2432099 A connection test in the Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook is unsuccessful where only an A record is available but no SRV record is available in an Office Communications Server environment
- 980931 A meeting is removed from the Office Live Meeting service when an organizer removes meeting attendees
- 980957 The tracking information about a recurring live meeting is not updated based on the recipient responses
- 980987 Meeting expiration text modification is available in the Meeting Options dialog box for Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook
- 980958 Conversion of a regular Outlook meeting to a Live Meeting 2007 session is unsuccessful when you use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP3
- 980954 Attendees cannot share slides when joining a Non-Scheduled "Meet Now" Live Meeting that is created by using Conferencing Add-in for Outlook
- 2254746 You cannot open the Conferencing menu by pressing Alt+O in the Office Outlook 2007 calendar
- 2254759 The "Recording Expiration:" option is still available in Conferencing Add-in for Outlook after the Recording modality is disabled in a Live Meeting session
- 2254808 Live Meeting properties are also printed when you print a Live Meeting invitation email message from Office Outlook
- 2254811 "You do not have permissions to schedule meetings and conferences on behalf of the owner of this account" error message when a delegate schedules a Live Meeting conference
- 2254815 You cannot disable the "Schedule a Conference Call" button after you install the Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook 2007 on Office Outlook 2010
Microsoft download center The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in client update: December 2012 package now.
Release Date: December 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update package.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
2536678 Description of the update for the Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook: May 2011
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2770463 - Last Review: Jun 20, 2014 - Revision: 1
Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook