- Enable enterprise customers to customize the default lock screen.
- Improves the performance when you wake the computer and when the computer is asleep, in order to improve battery life
- Resolves an issue that may prevent Windows Store Apps from being installed fully
- Other software updates and performance improvements
For more information about how to work around this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
This update also resolves an issue in which you cannot scan data by using a USB 3.0 scanner that is connected to a Windows 8-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer. For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the updateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
File informationFor more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2770917 - Last Review: Jul 25, 2013 - Revision: 1