Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows Embedded Compact 7-based device that has a network adapter.
- You connect a network cable to the network adapter on the device.
- You configure the DisableDHCPMediaSense registry entry with a REG_DWORD value of 1 under the following registry subkey to disable the Media Sensing feature:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip\Parms
- You enable the debug zone for Media Sense in the Dhcp.dll module.
- You disconnect the network cable from the network adapter.
Software update informationThe Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update (December 2012) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this software update package has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Files that are included in this update package
Article ID: 2781052 - Last Review: Jan 7, 2013 - Revision: 1
Windows Embedded Compact 7