Consider the following scenario:
- User A has a mailbox (MB1) that is located on an Active Directory site in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- User B has a mailbox (MB2) that is located on another Active Directory site.
- You grant user A the "Send As" or "Send on behalf" permission for MB2.
- You run the Set-MailboxSentItemsConfiguration cmdlet so that email messages that user A sends on behalf of MB2 or from MB2 are saved in the Sent Items folder in MB1 and MB2.
- User A sends an email message from MB2. Or, user A sends an email message on behalf of MB2.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.