- You have a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) site server that is running on Windows Server 2003.
- You install an Asset Intelligence synchronization point on the site server.
- You install the hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2733615 on the site server:
- The Asset Intelligence synchronization point tries to synchronize with the System Center Online service.
Note This issue does not occur on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server that is running on Windows Server 2008.
- Go to the "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article to download the hotfix package.
- Double-click the hotfix package to open the Microsoft Self-Extractor dialog box, click Continue, and then unzip the files.
- Run the ConfigMgrAICert.exe file to extract the 8ebc7d60-4aca-07f2-7004-a799b2c2b096.pfx certificate file to a location that can be accessed by the site server.
- In the Configuration Manager console, find the computer name of the Asset Intelligence synchronization point site server in the following location:System Center Configuration Manager\Site Database (site code, site name)\Site Settings\Site Systems
- Right-click the Asset Intelligence synchronization point, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, specify the path of the certificate file, and then click OK.
- You do not have to reset the System Center Online Point server role or restart the AI_UPDATE_SERVICE_POINT service after you re-enable the Asset Intelligence synchronization point by using the new certificate. You only have to perform the synchronization again.
- The 8ebc7d60-4aca-07f2-7004-a799b2c2b096.pfx certificate file works on both Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2.
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix. However, you have to close any opened instance of the Configuration Manager administrative console before you install this hotfix package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update replaces the following update:
Article ID: 2783924 - Last Review: Nov 18, 2013 - Revision: 1