Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2010 coexistence environment.
- There are two distribution lists in the environment (distribution list A and distribution list B).
- You configure an ethical wall by creating a transport rule that prevents the members of the distribution lists from sending email messages between the lists.
- You set the ReportToOriginatorEnabled property to false for the distribution lists.
- An Exchange Server 2003 user (user A) who is a member of distribution list A sends an email message to an Exchange Server 2010 user (user B) who is a member of distribution list B.
This issue occurs because the Hub Transport server sets user A’s email address to an empty value.
To work around this issue, set the ReportToOriginatorEnabled property to true for each distribution list.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about ethical walls, go to the following Microsoft website:ReportToOriginatorEnabled property by running the Set-DistributionGroup cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website: