1. User with existing profiles cannot install new modern apps or update apps on their PC's. When they try they receive the error "This app wasn't installed - view details"
Clicking the link displays the error "something happened and this app couldn't be installed. Please try again. Error code: 0x0073d0a"
Checking the Event log - Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Apps -> Microsoft -Windows-TWinUI/Operational you will see event 5961
Checking the Event log - Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> AppModel-Runtime -> Admin you will event ID 20 logged
2. New user profiles will only have the Desktop, Internet Explorer and Store tiles on the start screen. The Store and the modern Internet Explorer apps will not function. Clicking the tile will begin to launch the app but you are returned to the start screen. The app will not open.
The Windows firewall service must be running for Modern Applications to install and update properly. If the user or administrator do not desire the Windows Firewall to be active they can disable the Firewall via the Firewall Control Panel application.
- Go the start screen and search for "Firewall"
- Select Setting \ Windows Firewall
- Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off
4. Disable the Firewall profiles that the user or administrator do not want active
Note: It is not supported to disable the Windows Firewall service. See the information at this link: I Need to Disable Windows Firewall