To download and install the update packages for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1, follow the installation instructions.
Issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 1
App Controller (KB2790935)Issue 1
Copying a .vhd file between Microsoft Azure storage accounts may be unsuccessful, and you receive a "Retrieved data is complete" warning message. This issue occurs if the .vhd file already exists on the destination or if the .vhd file is mapped to an existing virtual machine.
The importation of Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) library server certificates may be unsuccessful for VMM library servers that are clustered.
Data Protection ManagerIssue 1
Client backups fail when there is a case difference between the client computer name on the computer and the client computer name that is stored in Active Directory.
The Administrator Console may stop working when a user starts the Create Protection Group Wizard in a non-English or a non-Russian version of Data Protection Manager.
The Agent Management Wizard may stop working in the Spanish version of Data Protection Manager.
Operations Manager (KB2784734)Issue 1
Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM) in Operations Manager may provoke an increase in reporting threads and choke points.
After the Alert Attachment Management Pack (Microsoft.SystemCenter.AlertAttachment.mpb) is imported, you create a dashboard that contains an alert widget. When you click an alert, the Operations Manager console may crash.
When a Windows PowerShell module uses the Monitoringhost.exe process on an x86-based client that is running Windows 8, more than 800 megabytes (MB) of memory may be consumed.
After an application domain is created, adding another application domain may be unsuccessful.
Operations Manager - UNIX and Linux Monitoring (Management Pack Update)Issue 1
When multiple process monitors are used to target the same computer or group, processes may incorrectly monitor some template instances. Additionally, problems with the monitored processes may not be detected. This issue occurs when each process monitor uses the same name as the process even though different argument filters are used in each process monitor.
Note After the updated Microsoft.Unix.Process.Library.mpb file is imported, all existing Process Template instances must be edited and saved for the fixed behavior to take effect.
Service Provider Foundation (KB2785476)Issue 1
The OperatingSystemId property on a virtual hard disk (VHD) object is always set to NULL.
Virtual machine usage metrics are not aggregated at hourly intervals and are missing basic usage metrics such as network sent and receive I/O operations per second (IOPS).
Virtual Machine Manager (KB2792925 - Console; KB2792926 - VMM Server)Issue 1
When a logical unit number (LUN) is unmasked on an iSCSI array, the VMM service may crash.
When a node is put in maintenance mode, virtual machines in the cluster change to a status of "Unsupported Cluster Configuration."
When an add-in that uses multiple DLL files is expected to be imported into the VMM console, the add-in is not imported. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
When an add-in is expected to be imported into the VMM console on a server that is running Windows Server 2008 R2, the add-in is not imported.
When an add-in is imported into the VMM console, the console may crash.
Note After Update Rollup 1 for Virtual Machine Manager is installed, you may experience one of the following issues:
- When you try to import an add-in into the VMM console, the import may be unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:An error occurred while trying to create an add-in folder for your account:
Access to the path: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\bin\AddInPipeline\AddIns" is denied.
- When you open the VMM console, you receive the following error message:Could not update managed code add-in pipeline due to the following error:
The required folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\bin\AddInPipeline\HostSideAdapters" does not exist.
- Locate the following folder:C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\bin
- Right-click the AddInPipeline folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click Continue.
- Select the BUILTIN group, and then click Edit.
- Click the Select a principal link, type Authenticated Users, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close each dialog box that is associated with the properties.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1The update packages for App Controller, Data Protection Manager, Operations Manager, Service Provider Foundation, and Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update.
The UNIX and Linux Monitoring Pack update for Operations Manager is available from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
- To obtain and install the update packages from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a system that has an applicable System Center 2012 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup 1 packages that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the selected update packages.
- To manually download the update packages from Microsoft Update Catalog, go to the following Microsoft websites:
App Controller (KB2790935)Data Protection Manager (KB2802095)Operations Manager (KB2784734)Service Provider Foundation (KB2785476)Virtual Machine Manager (KB2792925 - Console, KB2792926 – VMM Server)
To manually install the update packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:msiexec.exe /update packagenameFor example, to install the Virtual Machine Manager Server Update (KB2792926), run the following command:msiexec.exe /update KB2792926-AMD64-Server.msp