Microsoft has released Update Rollup 10 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) that is dated February 12, 2013 and includes the following new feature:
- Coexistence with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013: You can now install Exchange Server 2013 in your existing Exchange Server 2007 organization. To do this, you must install Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1). This is because you cannot install Exchange Server 2013 in your existing Exchange Server 2007 organization by using the Exchange Server 2013 RTM installation media.
Note Exchange Server 2013 CU1 is also an installation medium for Exchange Server 2013.
- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issue that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 addresses the vulnerabilities that are described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-012.
This update also resolves the issue that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
2783779 A hidden user is still displayed in the Organization information of Address Book in OWA in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 also includes new daylight saving time (DST) updates for Exchange Server 2007 SP3. For more information about DST, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update rollup informationTo download and to install Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, go to Microsoft Update:
Note Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 are not detected on clustered Exchange Server 2007 systems by Microsoft Update.
You may want to deploy Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2007. Or, you may want to deploy Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to clustered servers that are running Exchange Server 2007. The update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center.
The update rollup is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Release Date: February 12, 2013
- Before you install these update, we recommend that you read the prerequisites, installation instructions, and known issues for the update. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Before you install an update rollup on clustered mailbox servers, we recommend that you go to the following Microsoft website:
- For more information about the Exchange Server 2007 servicing model, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update rollup does not apply to the Exchange Server 2007 release to manufacturing (RTM) version, to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). The series of update rollup packages for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 are independent of the corresponding series of update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM, for Exchange Server 2007 SP1, and for Exchange Server 2007 SP2.
For a list of update rollups that apply to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, to Exchange Server 2007 SP1, or to Exchange Server 2007 SP2, go to the following Microsoft website:
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove update 2788321.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2788321 - Last Review: Feb 12, 2013 - Revision: 1