This article describes the Microsoft Lync 2010 issues that are fixed in the cumulative update that is dated March 2013.
This article includes the following information about the cumulative update:
- The issues that the cumulative update fixes.
- The prerequisites for applying the cumulative update
- Whether you must restart the computer after you apply the cumulative update
- Whether the cumulative update is replaced by any other cumulative update
- Whether you must make any changes to the registry
- The files that the cumulative update contains
Issues that this update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2796741 A user unexpectedly signs in to Lync 2010 as another user without a prompt for credentials after a cumulative update for Lync 2010 that is dated February 2012 or later installed
- 2796749 IM window opens unexpectedly when you use the IME to search in Lync 2010
- 2796750 Lync 2010 contacts list does not display in alphabetical order after a contact's name is changed in the Contacts folder in Outlook
- 2796753 An update is available to enable you to join a meeting by using Lync 2010 when a proxy authentication is required
- 2796757 Error message when you try to send an email message to a contact in Lync 2010 on a computer that does not have Outlook installed
- 2796742 An update enables participants to join meeting audio by telephone or phone when the meeting is organized by an audio/video-disabled user in Lync 2010
- 2796743 Call transfer is not successful when you use UI suppression in a Microsoft Lync 2010 SDK application
- 2796746 You cannot use Lync 2010 to join a Lync Online meeting that was created by a user in a non-federated organization
- 2793014 Error message when you try to join a Lync Online meeting that is created by a user in a non-federated organization in Lync 2010
- 2737155 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: October 2012
- 2726382 MS12-066: Description of the security update for Microsoft Lync 2010: October 9, 2012
- 2701664 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: June 2012
- 2670326 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: February 2012
- 2514982 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: November 2011
- 2571543 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: July 2011
- 2551268 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: May 2011
- The cumulative update packages for Lync 2010 that were released in April 2011:
- 2467763 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: January 2011
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Lync.msp x86 package now.
Download the Lync.msp x64 package now.
Release Date: March 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer if certain applications that depend on Microsoft Lync 2010 are running when you install this update. For example, you must restart the computer if Microsoft Office Outlook is running when you install the update.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
2737155 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: October 2012
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2791382 - Last Review: Sep 3, 2013 - Revision: 1