Some possible reasons are:
2) Your account is not a member of a required security group.
See the Synchronization Service documentation details.
- The installation of the Directory Sync tool isn't completed.
- The user account that you used to log on to the computer doesn't have sufficient permissions to open or to perform tasks in Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM).
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
- Under Computer Management, expand Local Users and Groups, and then expand Groups.
- Make sure that the MIISAdmins group exists. If the group is missing, create a group that's named MIISAdmins.
- Add yourself to the group.
- Log off from the computer, and then log on to establish the new group membership in the access token.
Article ID: 2791422 - Last Review: Dec 28, 2016 - Revision: 1