To remotely wipe a mobile device in Outlook Web App, the mobile device must be connected to Microsoft Exchange Online by using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. If you lose the mobile device, you can use the remote wiping feature to prevent someone from obtaining your personal information from the device.
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal (https://portal.office.com).
- Click Mail.
- Click Settings ( ), and then click Options.
- In the left navigation pane, click Phone.
- Select the device that you want to wipe.
- Click Wipe Device ( ), and then click Yes when you're prompted.
- When the wipe operation is completed, you should remove the device completely. To do this, click Delete, and then click Yes when you're prompted.
Article ID: 2791863 - Last Review: Dec 28, 2016 - Revision: 1