Use the Visual Basic 6.0 Package and Deployment Wizard to package the Msaddndr.dll file together with the add-in. Before you package the Msaddndr.dll file together with the add-in, make sure that you have the latest version of the Msaddndr.dll file on your computer by following these steps:
- Check the Msaddndr.dll file version at the following location.
In a 32-bit version of an operating system:
In a 64-bit version of an operating system:
The following table provides the file version information for the last version of Msaddndr.dll that is released by Microsoft:
File name File version File size Date Time Msaddndr.dll 18.104.22.168 99136 3/24/2009 15:52
- If the Msaddndr.dll file version matches the file version in the table mentioned previously in this article, package the file together with the add-in. If the file version does not match, make sure Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 is installed by following these steps:
- Click About Microsoft Visual Basic on the Help menu in Visual Basic 6.0.
- Check the Visual Basic 6.0 version, if the version is not Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6, download Service Pack 6 on the following Microsoft website:
Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0
- Click the downloaded .exe file to extract the Service Pack 6 setup files to a directory.
- Start Setupsp6.exefrom the directory to install Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0.
- Install the latest Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 cumulative update from the following Microsoft website:
Description of the cumulative update rollup for the Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 Runtime Extended Files
- Make sure that the Msaddndr.dll file version details match the table mentioned previously in this article after you install the cumulative update.
- Package Msaddndr.dll together with the add-in.
PRB: PDW Does Not Include MSAddndr.DLL for Add-in Projects