Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows Embedded Compact 7-based device, and you have a desktop computer that is running Microsoft ActiveSync.
- You use a USB cable to connect the device to the desktop computer, and then you create an ActiveSync partnership for the device.
- You disconnect the device from the desktop computer before the partnership is established.
- You reconnect the device to the desktop computer.
Software update information
Download informationThe Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update (July 2013) is now available from Microsoft. To download this update, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previous updates for this product are installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2793270 - Last Review: Dec 26, 2013 - Revision: 1
Windows Embedded Compact 7