This article describes an update that includes the December 2012 cumulative time zone update for Windows CE 5.0. This update changes the time zone data to accommodate daylight saving time (DST) changes in several countries.
This update includes the following changes:
- Bahia Standard Time: Starting in 2012, Bahia Standard Time will no longer have DST.
- Azores Standard Time: The changes reflect the end of DST on October 28, 2012 for Azores Standard Time.
- Fiji Standard Time: The government of Fiji has announced new DST rules for 2012 through 2013. DST starts at 2:00 AM on October 21, 2012 and ends at 3:00 AM on January 20, 2013.
- Jordan Standard Time: The UTC offset for Jordan Standard Time is changed from (UTC+02:00) to (UTC+03:00). Therefore, the display name of the time zone is changed to (UTC+03:00) Amman. From 2013 onwards, Jordan Standard Time will no longer have DST.
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows Embedded CE 5.0 Platform Builder Monthly Update (January 2013). You can confirm this by scrolling to the "File information" section of this article. The package file name contains the product version, date, Knowledge Base article number, and processor type. The package file name format is:
Product version-yymmdd-kbnnnnnn-processor typeFor example: Wincepb50-060503-kb917590-armv4i.msi is the ARMV4i Windows Embedded CE 5.0 Platform Builder fix that is documented in KB article 917590 and that is contained in the May 2006 monthly update. To resolve this problem immediately, click the following article number for information about obtaining Windows Embedded CE Platform Builder and core operating system software updates:
837392 How to locate core operating system fixes for Microsoft Windows Embedded CE Platform Builder productsNote This Windows CE 5.0 monthly update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
Method 1:On the Build OS menu, make sure that the following options are selected, and then click Sysgen:
- Clean Before Building
- Copy Files to Release Directory After Build
- Make Run-Time Image After Build
Method 2:On the Build OS menu, click Open Release Directory. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:
blddemo clean -q
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2793385 - Last Review: Feb 11, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Windows CE 5.0