- Internet Explorer 10 is installed on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You redirect the Favorites folder in Internet Explorer 10 to a network location.
- You start Internet Explorer 10 from the Start screen.
In this scenario, the Favorites folder is not displayed in Internet Explorer 10.
Note This issue does not occurs when you start Internet Explorer 10 from the desktop.
Security update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update was first included in the following security update:2792100 MS13-009: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: February 12, 2013
- For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft websites:
- Start Internet Explorer 10 from the desktop.
- Move the Favorites folder back to the Profiles folder.
Article ID: 2793902 - Last Review: Feb 12, 2013 - Revision: 1