Microsoft Download CenterTo install the cumulative update for Lync Server 2013, Mediation Server, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Download the update package now.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the UI or by using a command line.
Note The UI provides a clear indication of which updates are installed when you click Install Updates.
To run the Installer, run the following command, together with the appropriate switches for your situation:LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe [/silentmode [/forcereboot]] | [/extractall]Notes
- The /silentmode /forcerebootswitch applies all applicable updates in the background, and then automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if it is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer, and then saves the updates in a subfolder that is named "Extracted" in the folder in which you ran the command.
Method 2: Microsoft UpdateThe update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back end servers. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update package installation informationTo apply this update package, install the MediationServer.msp package on computers in your network that are running the following platform:
- Lync Server 2013 - Mediation Server
Removal informationTo remove this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
You may be prompted for restart after you uninstall the update for Lync Server 2013, Mediation Server.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the update package, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
Article ID: 2796554 - Last Review: Sep 4, 2013 - Revision: 1