WORKAROUNDThere are several ways to work around this problem:
- Bypass Content-disposition, and use either an ActiveX control or a Java applet to download files to disk.
- Use the Save As command from the pop-up menu.
- Use the Internet Explorer download behavior instead. (This is for text-based files only).
- Use a window.showModalDialog of an HTML page that does a document.write of a hidden IFRAME with the source pointing to the file.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Create an HTML Page with an anchor tag that points to the file:
Click <a href=test.txt>here</a> to download file
- Add the HTML Response Headers for the file by using your Web Server software:Content-Type = application/download
Content-Disposition = attachment; filename=test.txt
- In Internet Explorer 5.5 SP1, navigate to this new page.
- Click the hyperlink to the file.
For more information about developing Web-based solutions for Microsoft Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
Article ID: 279667 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1