SymptomsAssume that you run a macro that adds a new worksheet or scrolls the view to a location that is outside the current screen range in an Excel 2013 workbook. However, the user interface (UI) in Excel 2013 disappears. This issue continues until the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code in the macro is completed.
Note When this issue occurs the whole screen that displays the Excel 2013 UI may flicker.
- Use the DoEvents function in the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code when you create the macro.
- Disable hardware acceleration in Excel 2013. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Options on the FILE tab.
- Click Advanced in the Excel Options dialog box.
- Select the Disable hardware graphics acceleration check box in the Display section.
- Click OK in the Excel Options dialog box.
Article ID: 2796730 - Last Review: Jan 6, 2013 - Revision: 1