Note When you click Copy Report on the DESIGN tab of the REPORT TOOLS contextual tab for a project plan in Microsoft Project 2013, a report template is not created. Instead, the report is copied to the clipboard so that you can paste it into other applications. This behavior is by design.
- Select a report from an open project plan, and then change the report.
- Click FILE, and then click Organizer. Select the Reports tab in the Organizer dialog box, and then rename the report.
- On the Reports tab of the Organizer dialog box, copy the report to the Global.mpt file so that the report can be used in other project plans.
- Click New Report on the REPORT tab in Project 2013, select a kind of report, and then name the report.
- Customize the report, and then save the report to the Global.mpt file.
- The Global.mpt file is installed in the following location:<system device>:\Users\<your login name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MS Project\15\1033
- You can share the Global.mpt file with other users so that they can access the new report also.
Article ID: 2796732 - Last Review: Jan 4, 2013 - Revision: 1