- They cannot send or receive new email messages on their BlackBerry device.
- New email messages are delayed by 20 minutes or more on their BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
- The BES infrastructure
- A specific carrier
- Make a list of users who are affected and who report the issues that are mentioned in the "Symptoms" section. For example, users reports one or more of the following issues:
- Users cannot send mail from their BlackBerry devices. Additionally, they receive a red "X" message.
- Users cannot receive new email messages on their BlackBerry devices.
- The delivery of new email messages is delayed by 20 minutes or more.
- Collect details about the time that the issue started.
- Log on to the BES console, and then note the following information:
- BlackBerry server and agent
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Device carrier
If the users are on a specific BES or Exchange server, you should escalate this issue to Microsoft Online Support Services for further investigation.
The information and the solution in this document represent the current view of Microsoft Corporation on these issues as of the date of publication. This solution is available through Microsoft or through a third-party provider. Microsoft does not specifically recommend any third-party provider or third-party solution that this article might describe. There might also be other third-party providers or third-party solutions that this article does not describe. Because Microsoft must respond to changing market conditions, this information should not be interpreted to be a commitment by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot guarantee or endorse the accuracy of any information or of any solution that is presented by Microsoft or by any mentioned third-party provider.
Microsoft makes no warranties and excludes all representations, warranties, and conditions whether express, implied, or statutory. These include but are not limited to representations, warranties, or conditions of title, non-infringement, satisfactory condition, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to any service, solution, product, or any other materials or information. In no event will Microsoft be liable for any third-party solution that this article mentions.
Article ID: 2798132 - Last Review: Apr 1, 2016 - Revision: 1