Consider the following scenario:
- You have some USB Universal Host Controller Interface (UHCI) audio devices connected to a compute that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- You run an application that sends and captures audio streams for the audio devices on the computer.
- The application continues to run on the computer for about 49 days and 17 hours.
- If you reset the USB audio device, this issue is resolved temporarily.
- If you have the update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 976902 installed on the computer, then you must also have update 2533552 installed before you install the hotfix that is described in this article.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and have update 2533552 installed.
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates