- You can't send files to contacts.
- You can't receive files from contacts.
- You can't upload file attachments in Skype for Business Online meetings.
- When you send files to contacts, you receive an error message.
- You can’t send pictures directly in an Instant Messaging (IM) conversation.
For Skype for Business Online usersIf you receive an error message when you send or receive files, make sure that the file type being transferred isn’t one of those that is listed in the "More Information" section.
For Skype for Business Online administratorsIf a user doesn’t see the option to transfer files, verify that file transfer capabilities are enabled for that user. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
If your attempts to upload attachments to a conference or to send files to a contact generate an error message, this means either that the contact that you’re sending the attachment to doesn’t have permission to receive files or that the file type is blocked.
In Skype for Business Online, certain files types are blocked by the Intelligent Instant Message Filter (IIMF) application. IIMF helps protect Skype for Business Online users against the most common forms of viruses without degrading the user experience.
Transferring files to Skype contacts isn't supported.
By default, Skype for Business Online is configured to prevent users from sending files through IM that have the following file name extensions: