- You enable the Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) feature on a Windows Server 2012-based failover cluster.
- You create a virtual machine on a CSV volume on a cluster node.
- You start the virtual machine.
- You try to create a backup of the virtual machine on the CSV volume by using Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM).
- The backup is created, and the virtual machine enters a paused state.
- The CSV volume goes offline. Therefore, the virtual machine goes offline, and the backup is not created.
Note This issue also occurs when you try to create a snapshot of the virtual machine by using backup software that uses the Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider.
Note The CSV volume is resilient.
Hotfix Replacement InformationThe hotfix that corresponds to KB 2799728 has been superseded with the hotfix KB 2878635, which contains all fixes that were previously included in KB 2799728. You should use the hotfix KB 2878635 to fix the issues described in KB 2799728. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2799728 - Last Review: Jan 10, 2014 - Revision: 1