Microsoft distributes Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 (SP2) fixes as one downloadable file. Because the fixes are cumulative, each new release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 fix release.
Assume that you run a Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) query in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services (SSAS 2008) or Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services (SSAS 2012) when the following conditions are true:
- The MDX query has an Aggregate function that is used in a calculated member in a WHERE clause.
- The Aggregate function use more than one member of the Dim.Hier hierarchy.
- There is a scope statement that affects a member of the Dim.Hier hierarchy that is not present in the Aggregate function.
- The Dim dimension is a parent/child dimension.
- This issue can be checked by adding the EXISTING keyword to the parameter of the Aggregate function.
- This form of MDX query is made frequently by Excel when a PivotTable object is converted to formulas (by using the CUBESET function).
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.