This article addresses a specific set of circumstances. If you have:
- Installed Office 365 Home Premium Preview on a Windows 7 computer.
- Upgraded to Windows 8.
- Uninstalled Office 365 Home Premium Preview.
- Installed a purchased version of Microsoft Office 2013.
- Close all of your Office 2013 applications.
- Bring up Control Panel from the Apps menu and click Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Click on Microsoft Office 365 and click Change.
- Choose Online Repair and click Repair.
Note: If you have difficulties running the Online Repair, you can uninstall Office using the Fix-It in KB 2739501, then go back to your My Account page to reinstall Office.
Article ID: 2801143 - Last Review: Apr 16, 2014 - Revision: 1