Consider the following scenario:
- You are using Microsoft System Center 2012 App Controller Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- You try to copy or migrate a virtual machine from Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) to Microsoft Azure.
- The virtual machine does not have any checkpoints.
Copying to Microsoft Azure is not possible - A virtual machine that contains checkpoints cannot be copied to Microsoft Azure
To resolve this problem, install update 2801623 on the computer that is running the System Center 2012 App Controller SP1 server.
Installation instructionsTo obtain and install the update package, follow these steps on the server that has System Center 2012 App Controller installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click the important updates are available link.
- Select the KB2801623 update package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
PrerequisitesTo install this update package, you must first install Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 App Controller SP1. For more information, click the following article number to go to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
2785682 Description of Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1
File informationThe global version of this update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables.
|File name||File version||File size|
|%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft System Center 2012\App Controller\api\bin\Microsoft.SystemCenter.CloudManager.Providers.Vmm.exe||1.0.1602.0||499,360|
Article ID: 2801623 - Last Review: Jun 20, 2014 - Revision: 1
Microsoft System Center 2012 App Controller Service Pack 1