- You receive an error when you access Exchange Management Console or Exchange Management Shell.
- The Microsoft Exchange Mail Submission Service may not start.
- The Microsoft Exchange Transport Service may not start.
- Users cannot delete email messages from Microsoft Outlook Web Access and receive the following error message: An unexpected error occurred and your request couldn't be handled.
- You see following events in the application log:
Because of this issue, the newer update cannot install the same version of both files. This exposes a dependency between the two files. This in turn causes the previously mentioned exception. This problem occurs because of an issue in previously released hotfixes and is not specifically caused by the new update. The new update merely causes the problem to surface.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
We recommend that you install update 2637518 to resolve this issue. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To download this hotfix from the Microsoft Download Center, go to the following Microsoft Download Center webpage:
Note If you are already experiencing this problem, install update 2637518. You do not have to reinstall the update that caused this issue to surface.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
977420 A hotfix rollup is available to fix problems in Windows Communication Foundation in the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2
982867 WCF services that are hosted by computers together with a NLB fail in the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or in the .NET Framework 4
Article ID: 2802139 - Last Review: Jan 18, 2013 - Revision: 1