This article describes the issues that are fixed in Cumulative Update 1 for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012 Update 1 and the latest Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Update package.
- This update is only targeted for the Team Foundation Server Application Tier, it does not have to be run on stand-alone build servers, remote SharePoint servers, or proxy servers.
- If you have already installed the latest Visual Studio 2012 Update package, you do not have to install this cumulative update.
Issues that are fixed in this cumulative update
Update informationMicrosoft Download Center
Download and install one of the following packages:
Note Both of the packages can resolve your problem.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the latest release of Visual Studio 2012 Update package now.
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 1 installed.
Restart requirementYou have to restart the computer after you apply this update if the affected files are being used or are locked during installation. We recommend that you exit all related applications before you install this update.
Installation informationBefore you install the update:
- Close any instances of Event Viewer that are running (EventVwr.exe).
- Close any instances of Server Manager that are running (ServerManager.exe).
- Close the Team Foundation Administration Console (tfsmgmt.exe).
- Shut down all the ATs except for the one on which you will install the update. Make sure that you close the Admin Console on all these ATs.
- Remove the AT from the load balancer.
- Install the update (as discussed earlier).
- After you install the update to the first AT, install the update on the other ATs one at a time.
- Add the ATs back to the load balancer.
This update requires your SQL Databases to be set to simple recovery mode. To make sure that the update can set simple recovery mode for your databases, do the following before you apply the update:
- If your databases are in a SQL AlwaysOn Availability group, you must remove them from the availability group before you apply the update.
- If the databases are part of a SQL Server database mirroring, you must remove (break) the mirror before you apply the update.