Microsoft has released Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3). This update is dated May 29, 2013. This article describes the following information about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup resolves.
- How to obtain the update rollup.
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup.
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2561346 Mailbox storage limit error when a delegate uses the manager's mailbox to send an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2729954 Can't send voice message to a selected non-primary email address in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2750846 Information Store service crashes when you mount public folder databases on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2751628 Event ID 9682 does not record the folder name when you delete a public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2756460 You cannot open a mailbox that is located in a different site by using Outlook Anywhere in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2763065 Mailbox move operation fails when Update Rollup 3 or a later update rollup for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 is installed
- 2777742 Address Book service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server when a server has been running for 25 days or more
- 2781488 RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE (0x6BA) error code when you use a MAPI or CDO-based application in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2782683 Email message that a user sends by using the "Send As" or "Send On Behalf" permission is saved only in the Sent Items folder of the sender in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2784210 Ethical wall does not function as expected when the ReportToOriginatorEnabled property is disabled in an Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2010 coexistence environment
- 2793348 Read receipt is sent unexpectedly when you view an email message by using Outlook Web App
- 2796490 Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2802569 Mailbox synchronization fails on an Exchange ActiveSync device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2803132 Delayed email message delivery on a BlackBerry mobile device after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- 2806602 EdgeTransport.exe process crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport server
- 2814723 Server loses network connectivity and UDP ports are used up on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2814847 Rapid growth in transaction logs, CPU use, and memory consumption in Exchange Server 2010 when a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1 or 6.1.1-based device
- 2816934 Error code 0X800CCC13 when an additional POP3 or IMAP account is used to send an email message and Outlook online mode is used to connect to an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2817140 Exchange Replication service crashes intermittently in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2817852 Cyrillic characters are displayed as question marks in the "To" field of message items in the Sent Items folder in an Exchange 2010 environment
- 2818456 Attachments are missing from an embedded message in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2822208 Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 or SP3
- 2826066 VSAPI-based antivirus software causes delayed response in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2827037 Copy of an item is created in the Version subfolder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2833888 No items are displayed in Outlook after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP3 or Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- 2840099 ArgumentOutOfRangeException exception when an EWS application creates a new MIME email in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2855809 Email message attachments are removed incorrectly on an Exchange Server 2010 Edge Transport server
Update rollup informationTo download and install Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, go to the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To enable you to apply this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP3.
- Deploy Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 to mailbox servers that are part of a DAG.
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
This behavior is caused by network requests to connect to the following website:
Creating Native images for .Net assemblies.
These network requests represent attempts to access the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, because the Exchange server is not connected to the Internet, each request must wait to time out before the process continues.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in any particular order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, go to the following Microsoft website:
Known IssueAfter this update is applied, there is an issue in which messages stick in a poison queue and the transport service crashes.
This issue is caused by a transport rule (disclaimer) that tries to append the disclaimer to the end of HTML-Formatted messages. When this occurs, messages are put in the poison queue and the transport service crashes with an exception. We are investing resources to develop a code fix. To work around this issue, you can disable or reconfigure the disclaimer transport rule.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP3 installed.
Important Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2803727.
You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.
A fix for this problem is scheduled to be included in a future update rollup.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2803727 - Last Review: Jul 1, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise