- Home users:
Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
Known issues with this security update
- Users of Windows XP SP3 may experience problems where WMV files that are protected by digital rights management (DRM) do not play. As a workaround, we recommend that users install Windows Media Player 11 to eliminate this problem.
- Windows Update will not offer this security update to Windows RT-based computers until update 2808380 is installed. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2808380 Windows RT-based device cannot download software updates or Windows Store apps
- August 13, 2013: This update was re-released to resolve the following issue for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
August 27, 2013: This update was re-released to resolve the following issue for Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Vista SP2, and Windows Server 2008 SP2.
If you use some of the following software, you might have experienced issues after you installed the initial release version of this security update. In some cases, WMV video files might have failed to successfully encode or decode. Once you apply this re-released security update, this issue is resolved.
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Prelude
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Camtasia Studio
- Dragon Quest X
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Kandoukantan! Photomovie
- Rome Total War
- Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion
- Serif MoviePlus
- SKYMENU Pro
- YouTube Movie Maker
Article ID: 2803821 - Last Review: Sep 26, 2014 - Revision: 1