When you download Office Professional Plus 2013 from MSDN or TechNet on a terminal server, and then you try to install Office Professional Plus 2013 on a terminal server, you receive the following error message:
This copy of Microsoft Office 2013 cannot be used on a computer running Terminal Services. To use Office 2013 on a computer running Terminal Services, you must use a Volume License edition of Office.
- Click OK after you receive the error message.
- When you are prompted to enter a product key, enter an Office Professional Plus 2013 key that is provided through MSDN or TechNet.
- After the product key is validated, follow the instructions to install Office Professional Plus 2013.
- Verify the activation status. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open an Office Professional Plus 2013 application.
- Click the FILE tab, and then click Account.
- Verify the activation status.
- Office 2013 Professional Plus keys that MSDN and TechNet provide support Terminal Server.
- For more information about how to install and activate Office Professional Plus 2013 on a terminal server, go to the following TechNet blog entry:
Article ID: 2806001 - Last Review: Mar 5, 2013 - Revision: 1