When you try to sign in to Lync Mobile 2013, you may receive one of the following error messages:
- Can’t sign in. Please check your account information and try again.
- Can’t connect to the server right now. Please try again.
- The server name or sign-in address is incorrect. Please check them and retry.
You can resolve most sign-in issues in Lync Mobile 2013 by following these steps:
- Make sure that the sign-in address and password are entered correctly. In most cases, the domain and user name are not required.
- Expand More Details, and then click Clear My Sign-in Info to remove any cached server names or sign-in addresses.
- Office 365 Skype for Business Online (formerly Lync Online) administrators can use the Remote Connectivity Analyzer to make sure that the necessary DNS records for Skype for Business Online are configured. To do this, click the Office 365 tab, and then click Office 365 Lync DNS Test.
For more information, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:2566790 Troubleshooting Skype for Business Online DNS configuration issues in Office 365
- Switch between Wi-Fi and carrier data to try to isolate the issue. Verify connectivity to other websites and services over both kinds of connections.
- Try to sign in by using other clients and computers. If you can't sign in on any device, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: 2541980 How to troubleshoot sign-in issues in Skype for Business Online
- You recently updated the Operating System (OS) software for your device. Before you applied the update, the Lync Mobile 2013 client worked as expected. After you installed the update, the Lync Mobile 2013 client fails. Be aware that after you contact Microsoft technical support for help, you may have to contact the manufacturer of your device to obtain the correct resources for the issue.
These errors may occur for one or more of the following reasons:
- The user’s credentials aren't correct. Either the password is incorrect or the sign-in address was entered incorrectly.
- The server is too busy or unreachable over your current connection.
- The server can't be found, based on the sign-in address. Either the domain was typed incorrectly or the necessary DNS records for mobile connectivity aren't set up.
- You installed updated OS software and resources or settings may have to be configured for Lync Mobile 2013 to work correctly.
- 2636329 "Cannot connect to the server" error message when Skype for Business Online users try to sign in to the Lync 2010 mobile client on a mobile device
- 2636318 How to troubleshoot issues that you may encounter when you use the Lync 2010 mobile client for Windows Phone 7
- 2636320 How to troubleshoot issues that you may encounter when you use the Lync 2010 mobile client for Apple iOS
- 2636313 How to troubleshoot issues that you may encounter when you use the Lync 2010 mobile client for Google Android
- 2636322 How to troubleshoot issues that you may encounter when you use the Lync 2010 mobile client for Nokia Symbian