Some users can encounter the flashback problem when clicking the IE browser after upgrading the system to Windows 8. Such problem may appear because some conflicts are caused by other browsers in the same system. The problem would be easily fixed as long as you uninstall those browsers other than IE, restart the computer and reinstall them.
Take the Google Chrome browser for example. The steps of uninstalling it under the Window 8 system are as follows:
1. Close all Google Chrome windows and tabs.
2. Open the Control Panel (Windows 8 users: Learn how to access the "Control Panel").
3. Click Uninstall a program.
4. Double-click Google Chrome.
5. Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialog box. If you want to delete you own user profile information (such as your browser preferences, bookmarks and history), please select the "Also delete your browsing data" check box.
If your system is not equipped with the Google Chrome browser, you only need to select the non-IE browser to uninstall in Step 4, restart the computer and then reinstall it. Let's try it again. Is the IE browser working well now?
If not, you can go to the Forums to look for some good solutions.