When you run the Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus cmdlet, the state of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 content indexes is displayed as Failed. Additionally, the following associated error message indicates an internal error that occurs with the database or its index:
Note: The Content Index status of all or most of the mailbox databases in the environment may show "Failed."
- Create a new Active Directory group that is named "ContentSubmitters" in a domain such as the Root domain and then grant the Administrators and NetworkService accounts full access to the group. This is a dummy group and should be used as a placeholder only. You might want to add a description so that the group is not removed.
Note: The Administrators and NetworkService accounts are local groups on the Exchange server and are not domain groups.
- Force or wait for Active Directory replication.
- Restart the following services:
- Microsoft Exchange Search
- Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller