Consider the following scenario:
- You use Internet Explorer 10 on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, you set the Choose how you open links option to Always in Internet Explorer on the Programs tab.
- You close all Internet Explorer sessions on the computer.
- You browse to a webpage in Internet Explorer 10 by opening a link.
- Then you press Page Down on the keyboard to scroll down on a webpage.
Security update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update was first included in the following security update:2792100 MS13-009: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: February 12, 2013
- For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft websites:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2807921 - Last Review: Feb 12, 2013 - Revision: 1
Internet Explorer 10