Issue 1A Windows RT-based device cannot download or install software updates from Windows Update.
Issue 2A Windows RT-based device cannot download or install Windows Store apps or updates for Windows Store apps.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Restart the device.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
- In the Search box, type Windows Update, and then tap the Windows Update icon.
- Tap Check for Updates Now.
- Tap to select the check box next to update 2808380, and then tap Install.
- Do not let the device enter the "connected standby" state during the update process.
- Restart the device when you are prompted to do this.
Update informationNote After the update is installed, the computer does not enter the "connected standby" state when the device downloads software updates or Windows Store apps.
How to obtain this update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT.
Registry informationTo apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates