Are you seeing one of the following errors when you try to install or update Office 2013 or Office 365:
- We’re sorry, but we could not start your Office installation. Another installation is in progress, please try again later.
- Office is busy. Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again.
- Something went wrong. Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again.
- Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\clientX64\integratedOffice.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
To resolve this problem, follow the steps to check for and end other Office installation then run the Fix it below. If it does not work for you, move on to the Fix it myself section and try the steps to resolve the problem.
Check for Office Installation Processes Running in the BackgroundHow to Start the Task Manager
- Right-click in an empty area of the task bar, and then click Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then click Task Manager.
- Press Crtl + Shift + Esc.
- Click on IntegratedOffice.exe or OfficeclickTorun.exe, and then click End Task.
- Restart your computer.
Fix it for me
IMPORTANT When you download the troubleshooter, click Save in the File Download dialog box. When it's done, click Open folder, find the file (the name should start with O15CTRRemove) and double-click it to run the troubleshooter. If you click Open, you may have problems running the troubleshooter.
Step 2: If the Fix it worked to remove Office, you'll need to reinstall Office now. Here's how:
Sign in to your account page, and click on the Install button to reinstall Office on the same PC. If you purchased Office with a DVD, use the DVD and product key that came in the product packaging to reinstall it.
Article ID: 2809219 - Last Review: Oct 17, 2014 - Revision: 1