Issues that this update fixes
- When you open a file in the local folder in Microsoft OneDrive or OneDrive for Business, a progress bar that displays the following message is displayed for several seconds:Connecting to OneDriveBUG #: 3219873 (Office15)
- Assume that you create a WARP DirectX 10 device on computer that has Windows 8 installed. When you start an Office 2013 application, the application crashes.
BUG #: 3242931 (Office15)
- The following string is not localized for some languages in Office 2013:Connect to Rights Management Servers and get templatesBUG #: 3311001 (Office15)
- Assume that you increase the dots per inch (DPI) setting on a high pixel density device. For example, you increase the DPI setting to 150 DPI on a Microsoft Surface Pro. When you run an Office 2013 application in touch mode on the device, the space between the ribbon controls is narrower than expected.
BUG #: 3329210 (Office15)
- Assume that you share an Office document on a SharePoint 2013 server document library. When you open the link to the document in Outlook, the Office 2013 application that corresponds to the file type of the document starts. However, the Office Web App version of the application should start.
Note After you apply this update and then click a link to a document in Outlook, the document continues to open in the corresponding Office 2013 application. This occurs when the document is in a SharePoint library in a version of SharePoint that is earlier than SharePoint 2013. Or, this occurs when the link was copied from an Office application that is earlier than an Office 2013 application.
BUG #: 3336138 (Office15)
- Assume that you run Office 2013 in touch mode on a high pixel density device, such as a Microsoft Surface Pro. When you change the dots per inch (DPI) setting on the device to a high DPI setting, such as 125 DPI or 150 DPI, some icons on the ribbon are not scaled correctly.
BUG #: 3329314 (Office15)
- When the drivers for display cards are outdated, some Office 2013 applications crash.
BUG #: 3363314 (Office15)
- After you synchronize an Office document between the local disk and Microsoft OneDrive for Business, it takes longer than expected to open the local document in an Office desktop application over a slow Internet connection.
BUG #: 3364605 (Office15)
- After you apply update 2768349, you experience a decrease in performance in Microsoft Publisher 2013. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2768349 Description of the Office 2013 update: March 12, 2013BUG #: 3363955 (Office15)
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using MSI. This update does not apply versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Click-to-Run.
To identify how Office 2013 was installed, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an Update Options item is displayed. If Office 2013 was installed by using MSI, the Update Options item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2810017 - Last Review: Feb 25, 2015 - Revision: 1