This article will likely be updated for any other account types that have to have specific settings to enable the account to function correctly.
Kerio mail on Windows 8 or Windows RTA Kerio email account requires you to import a mail certificate. You can find the location of the certificate from the mail server settings options. From there, you can download your own personal certificate.
Note If you are not sure how to do this, ask your mail administrator for help.
- When you download the certificate, select the Local Machine option, and then complete the User Account Control (UAC) credential popup request.
- Manually select where you want to keep the certificate, and then select Trusted Root Certificate store.
- Select this folder, and then tap OK. You should now be able to connect through SSL by using the correct server addresses in Settings on the Settings page.
Kerio mail on Windows Phone 8You do not have to import a certificate for Windows Phone 8. However, you have to make sure that your settings are correct and that you are using a valid account.
Note Initial attempts to add a Kerio email account to you Windows Phone 8 device may not be recognized.
- Use the Advanced options, and complete all required details.
- After you enter the correct details and tap OK, your device will try to sync with the mail server. This can take several minutes. As soon as you finish, the device will function correctly with your Kerio account.
iCloud on Windows 8 or Windows RTBefore you configure the settings, make sure that you have the latest update for the mail app. To update a Windows 8 or Windows RT device, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings, and then tap Change PC Settings in the bottom corner.
- Under PC Settings, scroll to the bottom, and then tap Windows Update.
- Tap Check for updates.
- Install any updates, and then restart the Windows 8 or Windows RT device.
- Under Mail Accounts, select Other account.
- Select IMAP account.
- Configure Username and password.
- Configure Incoming server to imap.mail.me.com together with port 993.
- Click to select the Server requires SSL for incoming mail check box.
- Configure Outgoing server to smtp.mail.me.com together with port 25.
- Click to clear the Server requires SSL for outgoing mail check box.
- Click to select the Outgoing server requires authentication check box.
- Click to select the Use the same username and password to send and receive email check box.
iCloud on Windows Phone 8In order to use your iCloud (formerly known as MobileMe) email account, configure the settings in the following table on your Windows Phone 8 device.
|For this field||Do this|
|Username||Set to your iCloud (or MobileMe) account name. For example: User@icloud.com|
|Download new content||Set to Sync as desired|
|Download email from||Configure this setting as you want.|
|Incoming email server||Set to imap.mail.me.com:993:1|
|Outgoing (SMTP) email server||Set to smtp.mail.me.com:25:1|
|Outgoing server requires authentication||Set to Yes|
|Use the same username and password for sending email||Set to Yes|
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Article ID: 2810495 - Last Review: Jan 31, 2013 - Revision: 1