- You install the Microsoft File Server Resource Manager role service on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- You create a File Management task in the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) console.
- You set a monthly schedule and select one of the Schedule Task Monthly options in the Schedule tab, such as third, fourth, or last, as referred to in the following screen shot:
- If you selected third or last, you receive an error message that resembles the following:The operation or the specified combination of parameters is not supported.
- If you selected fourth, the File Management task seems to be created successfully. However, when you reopen the schedule property, it is displayed as third instead.
Update information for Windows Server 2012To resolve this issue in Windows Server 2012, install update rollup 2855336. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix information for Windows Server 2008 R2To resolve this issue in Windows Server 2008 R2, install the hotfix that is described in this article.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2812416 - Last Review: Jul 9, 2013 - Revision: 1