Enable Remote Desktop LogonTo allow automatic logon to a computer running this version of Windows XP through Remote Desktop, follow these steps while logged on as an Administrator:
- Click Start, click Run, type MMC, and then press ENTER.
- Click File, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Click Add, select Group Policy, click Add, and then click Finish.
- Click Close, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the following directory:Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Terminal Services/Encryption and Security
- Double-click Always prompt client for password upon connection.
- Click the Disabled box, and then click OK. You may now quit the MMC snap-in. Remote Desktop clients should now be able to connect to this Windows XP computer using the automatic logon feature of the Remote Desktop client.
Article ID: 281262 - Last Review: Oct 21, 2008 - Revision: 1