This update provides the latest fixes for Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
- Stability is improved
This update fixes an issue that may cause Office 2011 applications to report a problem with Licensing even though the applications continue to run unaffected.
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office 2011 14.3.1 update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
Additionally, you must install the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.3 update before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.3.1 update. To determine the updates that are installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then open any Office application (for example, Word).
- On the Word menu, click About Word.
- In the About Word dialog box, compare the version number next to Latest Installed Update.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.3.1 Update package now.
Release Date: February 11, 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then on the File menu, click Show Files.
- The Office 2011 14.3.1 update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website: