Note This update is replaced by update 2978017. For more information about update 2978017, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Issues that are fixed
- A Discovery Data Record (DDR) that contains organizational unit (OU) paths that are longer than 220 characters are not processed. The DDM.log file on the site server contains event messages that resemble the following:
- The Allow clients to use a fallback source location for content option is missing from the Distribution Points tab of the package properties.
- Replication Configuration Manager incorrectly reports the link status as Degraded, and then reports the status as Active one minute later.
- Site replication fails after a site database is restored to a new server. Additionally, the Rcmctrl.log file contains the following error message:ERROR: Received unhandled SQL exception, printing info and throwing it again. This will be retried in next cycle.
SqlException number: 
ERROR: Exception message: [Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int.~~The 'spGetChangeTrackingMinValidVersion' procedure attempted to return a status of NULL, which is not allowed. A status of 0 will be returned instead.]
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager does not support the Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion client. To obtain the Mac OS X 10.8 client, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
- The Configuration Manager client cannot be installed on devices that contain newer ARM processors. Additionally, the following error message is logged in the DmClientSetup log file:Fail to get the CAB file name because of unsupported processor type: 0
- The Allow clients to share content with other clients on the same subnet option in the properties of a Software Update Group Deployment is ignored. Additionally, the DataTransferService.log file contains the following message:
- When a custom port is configured for software updates, an Internet only client may append the custom port to the URL for the Windows Update service. Additionally, when the custom port is set to 880, log entries that resemble the following may be logged in the DataTransferService.log file:
- The Schedule Updates Wizard does not list content for Windows Server 2012. For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2793237 FIX: The Schedule Updates Wizard does not list content for Windows Server 2012 in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- The MicrosoftPolicyPlatformSetup.msi file is now correctly signed.
- The selection of multiple targeted applications in Software Center will fail if the calendar region is set to Arabic (Saudi Arabia). Additionally, Software Center displays the following error message:Software Center cannot be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center. You can try launching Software Center at a later time. If the problem continues, you can contact your helpdesk.
- The hardware inventory on a computer that is running a 32-bit version of Windows Server 2003 R2 may cause the Wmiprvse.exe process to exit unexpectedly. Additionally, when you view the results of the fault, the details of the fault resemble the following:Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, version 5.2.3790.4455, faulting module msvcr90.dll, version 9.0.30729.6161, fault address 0x00056b1d
- PXE support is added for IA-32 EFI computers.
- When the Clear-CMPxeDeployment cmdlet is run, you receive the following error message:The method or operation is not implemented.
- When the Update-CMDistributionPoint –DeploymentTypeName cmdlet is run, you receive the following error message:Key not Found Exception.
- When the New-CMDeviceCollection cmdlet is run, the refreshschedule parameter is not defined in the NewByLimitName parameter set.
- When the New-CMDeviceCollection cmdlet is run together with the LimitingCollectionName option, the cmdlet is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlArrayItems' to type'System.Management.ManagementBaseObject'.
- When the .GetType method is used for the object that is returned by the New-CMSchedule cmdlet, the method is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:The adapter cannot get property "GetType" for instance of SMS_ST_RecurInterval.
- When the Import-CMComputerInformation -CollectionName "All Systems" -ComputerName "Computer01" -MacAddress "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" command is run, the command is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:WARNING: The collection All Systems does not exist or is not suitable for adding the new device.
Functionality that is updated
PowerShellHelp for PowerShell is updated for the cmdlets that are included in Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 and in this cumulative update. In a PowerShell environment, use the Update-Help –Module ConfigurationManager cmdlet to retrieve the latest Help information from Microsoft.
The following cmdlets are added to the PowerShell module:
How to obtain Cumulative Update 1 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1A supported update is available from Microsoft. However, this update is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this update only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This update might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by these problems, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this update.
If the update is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the update.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific update. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which this update is available. If you do not see your language, it is because an update is not available for that language.
Installation informationThe PowerShell changes that are referenced in this article are contained in the Administrator Console update (Adminconsole.msi). The Administrator Console update is not automatically installed on a site server when the cumulative update setup wrapper (Updatesetup.exe) runs. The wrapper creates an additional installation package and program that must be run to update the Administrator Console.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 installed.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Note We recommend that you close the Configuration Manager Administrator Console and any associated applications such as the Remote Control Viewer or Status Message viewer before you install this update.
You may be prompted to restart the computer to which the Administrator Console update is being applied if the Remote Control Viewer (CmRCViewer.exe) is being used during the update process.
This can be avoided by closing the Remote Control Viewer before you install the update, or by adding the REBOOT=ReallySuppress parameter to the update installation properties.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
File informationThe English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
For System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
New cumulative update servicing model for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Article ID: 2817245 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2017 - Revision: 2