This security update provides the latest fixes for Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
- Contacts that were created in x500 format did not work in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which messages that were addressed to contacts that were created in x500 format and sent in Mac Outlook were not deliverable.
- BCC recipient was missing on Gmail IMAP draft message in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which BCC recipients were not saved when you saved a draft message on an IMAP server.
- Some contractions were marked as spelling errors in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which letters before the single quotation mark in contractions were marked as misspelled.
- Shared folders could not open other mailboxes that used Kerberos protocol in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which shared folders could not be opened for accounts that used Kerberos authentication.
- Coordinated Universal Time was not included when you created a calendar event in Outlook for Mac
Adds Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+0 without a DST offset) to the list of available time zones when you create a calendar event.
- Offline Address Book (OAB) was not updated correctly
Fixes an issue in which OAB was not updated correctly for certain Office 365 users.
- When the "Save As" dialog box was displayed, VBA code that was running did not wait for user's action (Save/Cancel) before the code advanced to the next line of the VBA code.
Fixes an issue that occured when you ran a Macro that contained "Applications.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show." Now, the macro aligns with Windows VBA behavior in this particular scenario.
- Scrolling when Track Changes default settings are enabled in larger documents crashed Word for Mac
Stability is improved when scrolling through documents that have Track Changes bubbles.
- Transitions had graphic issues during slide shows in PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which artifacts may have appeared during slide show transitions (This issue affects users who have NVIDIA video cards that are running Mac OS X Mountain Lion).
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office 2011 14.3.2 update, make sure that you have Office 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office 2011 14.1.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then open any Office application (for example, Word).
- On the Word menu, click About Word.
- In the About Word dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed there. It should be 14.1.0 or later.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.3.2 Update package now.
Release Date: March 12, 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then on the File menu, click Show Files.
- The Office 2011 14.3.2 update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2817452 - Last Review: Mar 15, 2013 - Revision: 1