Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when that information becomes available.
Issues that this update fixes
- When you use a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) account in Outlook 2013, you experience the following issues:
- The  suffix is appended to the calendar names in the Calendar module.
- The Tasks – prefix is missing at the beginning of the calendar names in the Tasks module.
- When you send an email message from an EAS account in Outlook 2013, the "Reply-To" header is set unexpectedly.
- There is no Mail to keep offline setting for EAS accounts in Outlook 2013.
Note You can use the Mail to keep offline setting to set the number of Outlook.com email messages to keep on the local computer.
- When you change the email message retention preference for an EAS account in Outlook 2013, the strings for the retention preference are in English and are not localized.
- When you change the dots per inch (DPI) setting in Windows to a high value such as 125 or 150, some icons in Outlook 2013 are displayed incorrectly.
Known issues with this updateAfter you install this update, Outlook may crash when you try to open S/MIME encrypted email.
In Event Viewer, you can look for the following event in this situation:
There, you see the following parameters:
Application Version 15.0.4517.1003
Module Name outlook.exe
Module Version 15.0.4517.1003
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI). This update does not apply to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Click-to-Run.
To determine how Office 2013 was installed, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2817468 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2